Sunday, May 15, 2011

World's Worst Playlist

I hope everyone had a great weekend! It was a busy weekend in our house. Adam works weekends and now that summer is on the horizon, the restaurant is crazy busy. I had to work yesterday at Kids Day- a local fair-like kids festival- and today was long run day. Tom took Jack for the afternoon today and my mom helped me spring clean the house. Thank you, Mom!

I had a great run! 13 miles, done. I took the first half nice and slow and then tried to finish the last four-five at goal race-pace (10:25). I think I was successful.
*I ran into Aunt Peggy during mile 1 while running a 5K on my route
*Encountered scary dogs around miles 6-7. Slowed down significantly and contemplated turning around
*Ran into Tom between miles 7-8 and chatted
*Stopped running at 13.1 and walked the rest

I try not to adjust my time too much for the circumstances that arise when I'm out on my training runs, because I know during a race, the clock doesn't stop.

I'm feeling pretty confident about the upcoming race. Cautiously optimistic, because, as we runners all know, anything can happen race day. It could be 95 degrees and my whole plan will get tossed aside. The run today was a much hillier course than the upcoming race. The race has one huge hill in the first couple miles, and then that's it.

Although my run was great, I had the world's worst playlist. Genius, when you are good, you are so good. When you are bad, you are bad.



The playlist was based on "American Boy." I love that song. I didn't mind the Amy Winehouse, either. I kind of like to run to her music. But, seriously, look at all that Mariah Carey. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Mariah Carey, but not that much. And not that much while out for a run.

And because you're all dying to know, an update on my hurting toe: turns out I just needed to clip my toenails. Lovely. The blood blister on the bottom of my left pinkie toe? That's another story.


1 comment: