Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Paranoia

Ah, how I love running in the sunshine. Jack and I went for a five miler this morning before I had to go to work. It was very fun, counting the school buses along the way. He's really into school bused right now and got very excited every time he saw one.

I went to Bodypump last night and wore my heart rate monitor. Last week during the hour-long class I burned 350 calories, but last night I burned 250. Was I not working as hard? She used an older release last night so I'm wondering if that makes up for the difference. I took advantage of living a half mile from the gym and walked there last night (with J in the backpack).

I tend to be extremely clumsy, bumping into things and walking into walls several times a day. On Saturday I stubbed my toe and it had been hurting, but only when I pressed on the toenail. It didn't bother me while running, I think because of the big toe box on my sneakers. I have been mentally sabotaging myself, thinking the toe is broken. Thankfully it doesn't hurt at all today. This always happens close to a race for me: I become completely paranoid. Does this happen to anyone else?

2 comments:

  1. I never got paranoid until my knee issue. Now any ache, pain, bruise, bump, soreness I am thinking OH NO not again! So yes, I am def paranoid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's natural to be a bit paranoid, even if you do something relatively small like stub your toe. You think it's going to hinder your race performance, but I think you will be ok! It happens to me with my knee all the time. If I feel a slight pain at all, I immediately think back to the injury that I got while training for my first full. Just stay positive and if it still hurts in a couple days, have it checked out just to clear your mind :)

    ReplyDelete