Sunday, May 8, 2011

Three Weeks!

2nd to last long run before the half marathon is done!

12.3 miles / 2:12:29

I did stop for water and gu around mile 7 and didn't stop my watch. I was all ready to rock out to my yoga playlist from yesterday but forgot to charge my ipod and it died about 30 minutes in.

My pacing was right on track with where I wanted to be for this long run. It felt really hard though, I think in part because I didn't get started until noon and the sun was shining and it was warm (around 60 degrees- warm is relative when you live in the tundra for half the year). My allergies were also in full bloom today and sneezing and nose running were serious issues.

Lesson learned today: sunscreen. Wear waterproof with more than SPF 15. And apply it to places other than your face. I'm burning up.

I had a great second Mothers' Day. Spent the day with family and had a great brunch and dinner. Not to get all sappy, but I feel so blessed to have been given this opportunity to be a mother. Jack is such a sweet little boy and everyday is doing something new, and can't imagine what my life would be like without him here. I am so happy to be on this ride of parenthood. It's a little crazy sometimes, but I wouldn't change it for anything.

Happy Mothers' Day to all you mamas out there!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! Too bad I wasn't there since I'm always armed with at least SPF 45. Glad you had a nice mother's day. I'm off for a 10 miler!

    ReplyDelete