Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Five Jars High

After a not so stellar day yesterday, I'm feeling better.

Jack and I went to musical storytime yesterday morning, but Jack wasn't feeling the music so we just read and played with puzzles.


Jack is big for his age, he's the size of most two and three-year-olds. Sometimes I think people expect more from him because they think he's older than he is. A little boy at the library, who was probably three or four, asked his mother, "Why can't he (Jack) talk?" The mother just said that she didn't know. I don't know why, this just upset me. Jack doesn't talk yet, I know many kids his age do and it's just so draining sometimes, the constant competition. No, he can't tell me what "T" stands for or what color a frog is. But he does understand most everything I say and can stack babyfood jars five high. I'm not quite sure where to go with this rant so I guess I'll just change the subject.

I went to bodypump last night and there was a woman there who I know from our birthing class and baby yoga. She had twins and they are "brilliant" and just generally gives me major 'tude every time I see her. Well, she was right behind me in class and I held a secret little competition with her. You can bet I loaded my bar up with more weight than her, made it through every track and  with much better form. I know this is immature and petty, but hey it made me feel a little better.

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny! Good job on body pump!!!! Also, your son will be an engineer or an architect with how well he stacks and builds. Who needs to talk when they are succesfful! haha! He will get there when he has something important to say, right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica can't moo or meow...but she can wipe off the wall! Your little prince is on his own time schedule which is the perfect one...way to step it up at the class...most people like that tend to have self work to do ;) keep rockin it mama

    ReplyDelete