Monday, May 9, 2011

April Recap

It's a little late, but here's a quick April recap:

117 miles

I was discouraged because it's not many more miles than March, but when I looked back at March I realized I made a mistake and included ten extra miles.

In April, I completed 10, 11 and 11 mile long runs. Four speed sessions, focusing on 9:00s (sometimes faster, sometimes slower) and alternated between mile repeats and tempo runs. All of the speedword was done on the treadmill.

I used the jogger a ton last month. It doesn't help with my speed, because when using it I slow down about a minute a mile, but helps with my strength and cardio endurance. Me, Jack and the jogger are going to be bffs all summer.

I managed to get in several cross-training workouts. Aside from teaching yoga, I took several yoga classes and have been consistently attending bodypump on Monday nights. All those lunges and squats really help with powering up hills.

Thank you to all my friends and family for the support and encouragement in my running. Thank you Liz and Melissa! I've met many new bloggy friends, too, and I have to say, it's been awesome. This running blogging community rocks.

I'm still working on my Middlebury Maple Run review/recap and should have it up today. I know you all are dying to read it!

1 comment:

  1. I've kinda been over running lately. When I read your blog I wonder if I'll get back into it . . . there was a time I was into it. Do you think I will? I had this great class planned (I'm talking about yoga now) for this morning... the meat of the class was to Kings of Leon music. But I chickened out. Two new senior citizen women decided to do class... and I couldn't bring myself to rock out to KofL with them. Does that happen to you? Do you change class when you see your students? I plan on trying it out tomorrow on my evening class.

    Congrats on all the miles! miss you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete