Wednesday, May 4, 2011

1/2 Cup

I got to run with Melissa today, even if it was only through side-by-side treadmills. I arrived at the gym and saw her on the treadmill and wanted to get on the one next to her, but someone had already signed up for it. After consulting Melissa, I erased the initials on the sign-up sheet and wrote my own name in- in ink. Oops.

5 miles / 48:29 (1.0 incline)

Woohoo! Felt pretty good.

1 mile @ 6.0 mph
1 mile @ 6.1 mph
1 mile @ 6.2 mph
1 mile @ 6.3 mph
.5 mile @ 6.4 mph
.5 mile @ 6.5 mph

Maybe there is hope for these short legs.

Hopefully the rain will be gone tomorrow and I can run outside. I actually don't mind running in the rain, but when it's a monsoon it's just a little too much for me to handle.

Mindful snacking went well today. I had a small piece of chocolate from the Easter bunny but stopped at one piece (let's hope that's it for the evening) and had a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch cereal to satisfy my sweet tooth.

I've been thinking a lot about portion control. One serving of pasta is half a cup. I had linguine tonight and measured it- my serving was a full cup- 400 calories. I know sometimes when I have pasta it's at least three or four servings. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, because even though pasta is carb and calorie laden, I'm not going to stop eating it. Just something to think about I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your run!
    I don't measure out my portions exactly but it's really interesting to compare what we think of as a "serving" and what it actually is!

    ReplyDelete