Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Caillou

Jack is doing much better today. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes, thoughts and prayers. I believe in the power of prayer and positive thinking. He woke up this morning around 5:30 with a fever and are continuing with alternating doses of Tylenol and ibuprofen to keep the heat down, and just went down for a nap at 7:30.

We brought him to the pediatrician's office yesterday afternoon and she said there are no sure signs as to what is causing the fever. She said his throat looked a little red but other than that, nothing. We never heard back about the bacterial test for a urine or kidney infection, and they told us no news is good news.

The doctor reiterated the importance of fever prevention and keeping it down. She said he likely will not have another seizure, but the risk is there and we need to be prepared.  I thought it was odd when she asked us if we sent him to daycare today. Um, no.

It's still kind of a mystery as to what happened while Jack was in the playspace. Adam's mom, who is a nurse, thinks that he had a mini-seizure and this is why he fell. I actually agree with this because his symptoms after are similar to the ones after the seizure at home. The confusion, moaning-like cry, tiredness and disorientation.

Thankfully, the pediatrician agrees with the ER doctor in that he appears to have no head injury. She reassured us that seizures often look much worse than they actually are.

For now, we are offering Jack whatever he needs / wants. If he wants to watch Caillou all day, I'm going to let him. My mom arrived yesterday morning with a train set and when Adam went out for groceries he came back with an addition for the train set. This boy is getting spoiled!



While Jack was taking a nap last night and Adam was cooking dinner, I went out for a run. I have a hard time sitting still and spent most his nap times yesterday sitting in his room, watching him sleep. I needed to just get out a work through some thoughts. I knew he was safe with Adam, carried my phone with me and never went more than a mile away from our house.

5 miles / 49 minutes

It felt like a really hard run, I think in part to the stress and lack of sleep, and my diet over the past 24 hours. No dinner on Monday night, two slices of pizza for breakfast, grapefruit with about seven teaspoons of brown sugar for lunch and pieces of salami and cheese from Adam's antipasto salad for a snack.

Thanks again to everyone.

LOVE

LOVE

LOVE

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear he's doing better. If I were in VT I'd bring Jack another train AND you some bright flowers! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I hope he gets better soon xo

    And I find that my diet really affects my runs as well. You still made pretty good time though! You needed the time to yourself, I'm glad you went out and got some fresh air :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that little man is feeling better! He, and your whole family, have been in my thoughts and prayers. I have been praying for no more repeats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, hope hes feeling better.
    cute pic.
    http://beboldrunwild.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete