Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy Medium

Mr. J is doing well today. He somehow acquired some sort of cold with a cough and runny nose, not sure how since we've barely left the house all week. I'm sure he's fine, but of course I am completely paranoid.

Teaching yoga was pretty awesome this morning. I was slightly selfish and practiced the entire class. After no practice for an entire week I needed it. It was an entirely new group. Not one of my regulars were there. I hope the sub last week didn't scare them away.

Since it was a new group, I didn't want to scare them away by putting my iPod on shuffle, so I used this playlist:
It's one of my favorites. There was a man in class who I have seen at other classes before and occasionally he takes mine and I love having him in class. He's petite- probably my height, so around 5'2'' and is pure muscle. The reason why I love having him in class is because he is game for anything. I often throw in challenging poses and arm balances but no one ever goes for it. Yoga can be fun! And I think trying hard poses is fun. It's called practice. You can see that he truly loves yoga.

J and I both were in need of some fresh air this afternoon (and he was in need of another nap) so we went for a four mile run. My love / hate relationship with the jogger was full on love today. It was warm out but I had a great run. Trying not to push myself too hard this week, because, in case I haven't mentioned it, I'm running my fifth half marathon next weekend!

I was texting with Melissa and she said she's nervous that it will be rainy and cold for the race. I'm nervous it will be sunny and hot. Weather is such a funny factor in a race because it's the one thing as runners we have no control over. It can make or break a race. So we're keeping our fingers crossed for a happy medium.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel selfish! Sometimes when I am teaching spin I go so hard that I can barely talk! When you need the workout, you NEED it!

    Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete