Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gug Gug Woo Woo

"No one has ever measured, not even poets,
How much the heart can hold."
Zelda Fitzgerald


I've used this quote to get me through tough times before, and I'm using it again now. We've had a scary past 18 hours in our house. Jack is sleeping now, obviously tired and shaken after what he's gone through.

I picked Jack up at daycare at the gym last night and he was not himself. She said he'd been sleeping. What? He would never sleep in the daycare. Well, he fell, hit his head, cried, fell asleep, woke up and cried some more. I immediately went into panic mode, called the ped, she said not worry, but I knew he was not himself. This is not our Jack. We went home, and he felt really warm. I brought him upstairs to change his clothes. I got his pajama pants on, he stood up, gave me a hug, then collapsed. Seizure. I knew it right away.

I called to Adam, called 911. Ambulance arrived within five minutes. The longest five minutes of my life. His eyes were rolled to the back of his head, he was moaning and having convulsions. Adam was talking to him, and just kept saying, "Stay with me, Jack." The 911 operator told me to calm down.

We arrived at the ER and waited. Recovery took several hours, and they said sleepiness and confusion are common symptoms after a seizure.

We came home late last night and all piled into bed. He woke up this morning seeming to be feeling better. Still a little out of sorts, but he did pull out his trains and played a little "Gug gug, woo woo" (that's chug a chug a choo choo in Jack talk). For now, there are many unknowns. All we can do is offer snuggles and cuddles, and pray.


2 comments:

  1. What a scary, scary situation! As mothers we KNOW when something is wrong! I'm glad you were in-tune and kept your eyes open! I can't not imagine how you felt! So sorry that you had to experience that!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine this...literally have tears in my eyes! Love and prayers being sent to your little man! It's amazing when you bring a little person in this world how much love you never knew you had could even be possible!

    ReplyDelete