Tuesday, April 5, 2011

to run or not to run

Yesterday I received a lovely email from a lovely lady, saying that I inspired her to go on her longest run in a while. She ran 4.5 miles with her husband. This made me so happy!

Flash forward to today, and before I even made it home from work I had come up with a list of reasons why I wasn't going to run tonight. Too cold, too tired, blah blah blah. I knew they were all just excuses and the only legitimate reason I had was that I hadn't seen Jack (or Adam) all day. Well, I got home and they weren't there. Adam had left his phone on the kitchen counter so I couldn't call him to see where they were. I had no excuses. Had a snack, changed and headed out.  I ran five miles and felt pretty good. The new shoes were really bothering my left ankle but got better after the first mile.

I am so happy I chose to run. It's really hard sometimes to get out there, but I always feel so much better when I do. I hope I can send some more inspiring vibes to my wonderful running soul sister!

Lately pictures of food on blogs have been making me feel queasy, so I won't subject you to one. Adam made shepard's pie tonight with spinach, green beans and roasted tomatoes. Yum.

Guess what I did after Jack went to bed?!?
This is actually a still from a video- Adam recorded me practicing but it's way too embarassing to show on here.

Yes, I practiced headstand! After several tries, I did get my legs all the way up for about 2.2 seconds.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lady :) did you see this video

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdd31Q9PqA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

    It can quickly change your mind to run :)

    ReplyDelete