Saturday, April 2, 2011

First Run

First run in the new shoes went well. Five miles with J in the jogger. They felt good- really liked the snug heel fit but were a little high around the ankles. I really like the new lacing pattern. It enabled me to get a snug fit without sacrificing circulation in my feet.

I used LogYourRun again today. Overall, I'm happy with it, especially since I paid $1.99. The technology is there, but I don't think it's very user friendly. The website is awful to navigate. It's a bummer though, on our run today we had to cross the street four times- three of those times were at a stoplight and had to wait for the signal. The timer doesn't stop when I stop to wait to cross the street so the pace is off. Can any of you Garmin users tell me if you have the same problem?

Forgot to wear my heart rate monitor to yoga this morning. I knew I would forget. I am so bad at remembering every little thing. At least I remember the important stuff, like that I had a baby in the car when I went to Starbucks and didn't leave him chilling in the VW all by himself.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE my Garmin. You can stop and start it really quickly and I have only had 1 issue with it losing a signal mid run. It automatically syncs up to the computer and creates a map to show where I went and shows my splits as well. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a feature on the Garmin that automatically stops timing if you stop.

    ReplyDelete