Sunday, April 10, 2011

Black and Blue

I had a great long run this morning- 10.2 miles. I felt great and did a great job pacing myself, keeping the pace nice and slow. After the disastrous ten miler two weeks ago, I needed this confidence booster.

I was able to run the entire time today and took a Clif espresso shot (not sure the official name) about 45 minutes in. It was a similar consistency to Gu but had a much stronger flavor. I liked it and had no stomach ailments during (or after- yet) the run.

My shoes felt great the entire run up until the last mile. My left ankle really started to bother me right where the shoe hits it. When I got home and took my shoes and socks off I noticed the ankle is bruised. I think I'm going to bring the shoes back and try to find the older model Mizunos I was wearing before.

I hope everyone is having a great spring day. It's a wonderful 60 degrees in Vermont today. Spring is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment