Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Oreo Update

Jack and I went for a run this afternoon. It was hot- nearly 80 degrees! But I'm not complaining. It takes me a while to get used to running in the heat. I did a walk/run combo and barely managed 4.5 miles in just under 50 minutes. Phew, it was tough.

Running in the heat made me realize I need to update my warm weather running wardrobe. Even though I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight, a lot of my old running stuff doesn't quite fit the same. The tops seem to short and all my tempo shorts too tight.

It must be because of the race this weekend and the half marathon only a month away, I have been paranoid about getting an injury. Every little tweak and tinge I worry something is going wrong.

Went over to the gym to do some weights and ended up just using the circuit equipment and then rowing for about 15 minutes.

There was plenty of daylight left for some quality coloring time.


Smart eating update: I did pretty well today. I got in all the food groups, including five nine oreos. I'm going to try to go to bed soon and close the kitchen for the evening. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. You looked great yesterday, like the heat wasn't bothering you a bit! I thought about you on my run and was thinking Geeze, why can't i be unbothered by the heat like Danielle was?!?!?! Glad to hear you were struggling too and you aren't a super human powered person or something! haha. great job with the 4.5! That's all I could stand to do as well!!!

    ReplyDelete