Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kale Chips

I arrived home from work last night to an empty house. Adam and Jack were out and about so I quickly changed and got out for a run, because I knew if they came home before I left I wouldn't get out the door for a while. I sent Adam a text that said "Run. BRB." I got four miles in, and I'm glad I did because when I came home, they were just getting home, too.

Monday night, I made kale chips. It seems like kale chips are a blogger must-have, so I just had to try them for myself. Adam was definitely not down with the idea, he said that kale isn't good for anything.

Kale
Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese
Salt

Spread kale on cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, parmesan cheese and salt. bake at 295 degrees until they look crispy- about 15 minutes.

*I baked mine at 350 for 15 minutes and they burnt, BUT they were good. Adam's culinary experience told me to lower the heat and use less oil to prevent this. I also chopped the kale into smaller pieces, but this is unnecessary because they shrink up like shrinky dinks.

3 comments:

  1. i really like kale chips but last time i made them I used too much oil and too much salt. I love salt but these were even too salty for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love kale chips but I haven't had them in ages--need to try them again!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought some kale to attempt making these, I will keep Adam's advice in mind!

    ReplyDelete