Saturday, June 25, 2011

Finally!

Finally, the numbers I'm looking for!

(I stopped to cross the street between miles 2 and 3)
 For what seems like a while, I've been stuck at a 10:30 pace. My 5K times are improving, but for everything else it's 10:30.

I took a very hilly route from my mom's house today and just went by effort. I brought my iPhone so I could use LogYourRun but kept it in my back pocket and didn't look at it. I also didn't wear a watch, so I was able to focus on breath and feel instead of how long I had been running for. These numbers make me very excited because I went at a medium-hard effort, not all-out.

After my past couple runs, my stomach has been very cranky. I'm trying different things before my runs (no pun intended- ew) and haven't found success yet. I've heard a lot of runners have success with smoothies before a run so I think that's something I'm going to try. Anyone have a go-to smoothie recipe pre-run?

1 comment: