Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Lied

We were up bright and early this morning and since my ankles, legs, my entire sore body were all feeling better I was ready to run. I've only run once this week and my legs were itching to move. Jack and I got up, had coffee (just me) and yogurt (just Jack) and got dressed to go.

I got a nice little surprise because Adam woke up early (for him- he left for work at 8:00 am yesterday and got home after midnight) and wanted Jack to stay home with him. I love running with Jack (and I love running with friends- especially GMR), but I love running by myself. I can listen to music (I leave the iPod at home when I use the jogger) and zone out. Or I can think. I can do whatever I want. I am so thankful that I am able to take this time for myself, and am so thankful that I have a husband who supports me in this crazy hobby.

I ran a nice, hilly, scenic route with nice views of the mountains and Lake Champlain. Today was the type of run that made me think, "gosh, I love running."

I listened to music, the playlist I made for the marathon (I know I said I wouldn't talk about the marathon anymore- sorry, I lied) that I didn't end up listening to very much of.



It's too long for a six-mile run, but I guess I'll save the rest that I didn't listen to today for next week.

I want to share with you some race photos. Again, I know I said I wouldn't talk about the marathon anymore, but I lied.. again. Who doesn't love some unflattering race photos?

And one of my beautiful mama...

That's it.. I swear.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your playlist! Always good to get new music ideas. Great running pictures. I love looking at running pictures!

    ReplyDelete