Thursday, June 16, 2011

Two-A-Days

There was an article in Runners World about running twice in a day. Once or twice a week, I'll workout twice in a day, but it's usually running and yoga or running and bodypump. I'd love to run  twice a day, but realistically it's probably not going to happen.

Today I got to experience what it's like to run twice in a day- last night (around 7:00) my mom and I ran with J for 4.5 miles and I ran this morning at 7:30 (by myself- I was going to wait for J to wake up but I'm glad I left without him! He slept until 9:00) for 4 miles.

The miles with my mom last night flew by. It was a hilly route and we took turns pushing the jogger. I felt like I pushed myself, but it was comfortable. Today was HARD. My legs felt tired, not heavy, just tired. I managed to eke out 4 miles at a 9:45 pace (fast for me).

What do you think about running twice in a day? I know one speedy little runner who's game...

2 comments:

  1. I think you have to be VERY conditioned to run twice a day. I'll occasionally workout twice a day, but it's usually running paired with weights or biking. I would probably end up with an overuse injury if I ran twice a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, I do love me some two a days, or what I like to call them double dips :) OR two scoops of fun! hahaha. Ok I don't call them the last one but I do call them double dips. I do love running twice in a day. I feel like it is not only a good physical workout but its also more importantly a mental one. I feel like it helps with the mental advantage that sometimes you need when running long distance races. It's easy to run 10 miles (well not easy, but you do it) but its so much harder to run 5 and then another 5 or 5 and then 7. Mentally you force yourself and you push yourself. Definitely more mental than physically running the miles. I love them and will continue doing them! I will get you to do two a days with me soon enough. I wouldn't even mind driving to your hood to run in the wee morning hours. Tempting isn't it?

    ReplyDelete