Saturday, June 25, 2011

Beiber Fever


Dreams do come true... I met Justin Beiber today!

Just kidding... I did meet his cardboard cutout at Macy's. Gourmet Runner wrote in a post that she's reluctant to take certain photos in public for her blog, and it got me thinking. When I was in high school, I had no shame. Nothing embarrassed me. I mean, I mooned Caitlin in the parking lot at Hannaford- in the afternoon daylight. In my younger days I probably went too far, doing foolish and embarrassing acts for the heck of it (and let's be honest, attention). I've become ever so slightly more reserved at my old age of 27. I do miss not being embarrassed easily, though, like dancing silly in public and singing karaoke.

Vanessa challenged her readers to take a picture somewhere you normally wouldn't. So, here I am, hugging the Biebs (there's no way he's that tall in real life) at the mall.

...

We spent the afternoon downtown with Grandma and Pa (Jack's new name for Grandpa Tom).
There are so many exciting happenings on Church Street, I can hardly contain Jack. We had a 45 minute wait to be seated for dinner at The Farmhouse so we let Jack run around and get a little crazy since he would have to be strapped into a high chair for a little while.

I brought a couple of secret weapons to dinner- vanilla milk from Starbucks and a new Thomas the Train book.  I find eating out with Jack works best when he has some non-familiar / special (i.e. vanilla milk from Starbucks) items to occupy him.

We had a great dinner at The Farmhouse celebrating Pa's birthday (it was yesterday). Burgers and microbrews... perfection.


I was desperate to get a picture of Jack and I...
J didn't feel like cooperating

Me, J and Pa


3 comments:

  1. Hooray for taking public pictures! I took some photos last night at a dinner party where I met new people, which I was a little embarrassed about but I did it anyway!
    That last photo of the 3 of you is so precious, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these pics are amazing! Your son is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photo op with Beiber, but my favorite picture is the last one. What a sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete