Sunday, June 12, 2011

Crybaby

Lately I have been full of waterworks. Anything and everything causes me to tear up. Yesterday on a run, a woman walking two pug puppies brought on the tears. I could barely choke out, "they're so cute." Last week my mom and I were driving through a neighborhood and saw a wedding in one of the backyards and I got teary eyed. I cried at my own wedding, but I don't cry at others'- especially strangers'. Today during my run a woman was walking with her little girl on the bikepath.. started reading "Run Like A Mother" and had to hold back the waterworks right there in Barnes and Noble. Country songs? Don't even go there. Not sure where I'm going with this, just an observation..

4 miles with J yesterday / 9 miles solo today

Today's run was the perfect long run. Settled into a nice pace and relaxed. I love long runs- it gives me time to reflect, think and relax. My last couple miles on a long run are usually faster than an easy pace on a short run. It takes me a little while to get "into" a run and I just find that after a couple miles, I'm into it. What do you prefer, short and fast? Or long and easy?

J man and I spent the afternoon at the bookstore. It is the absolute perfect place to spend a rainy day. He loves playing with the huge train set in the children's section, but I think he thinks it's his. When other children come over to play, he looks at them like they're invading his territory. Good thing he doesn't talk yet because I'm sure he'd have some choice words for the kid who stole Bernie (the bus from Thomas and Friends) from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment