Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rain play

A couple of weeks ago I was gung ho about the Hundred Pushup Challenge. Remember? Well, I haven't really mentioned it lately, because I've been working on Week 3... for about 3 weeks now. Tonight I re-started Week 3 and I'm going to make it!

Week 3 / Day 1

S1 13
S2 17
S3 13
S4 13
S5 17

...

Jack has a subtle way of expressing his wants and needs.. without words. It rained most of the day today and when I came home from work he went into the closet and pulled out his boots. Want: rain play.

We compromised, and went for a run. It was pouring, but that's okay. He doesn't mind the rain and neither do I. We ran 5 miles at an easy pace. That easy pace today with the jogger was 10:45.

Jack is the best running partner. Counting fire trucks, motorcycles (or "cools" as J calls them), plans and buses makes the miles fly by. I adore this time  have with him. It's like it's our special time together. We talk, well I talk and he listens. I'm thinking pretty soon he'll be chatting away with me. It reminded how lucky I am to be his mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment