Wednesday, March 23, 2011

To Wave Or Not To Wave

                          Jack and I had a nice five mile run this afternoon. He clearly enjoyed it.
He really actually enjoys the Chariot, as long as he has snacks, milk, toy cars, books and sees many, many dogs along the route.

I ran the same five mile route as yesterday. I felt fairly quick yesterday, but the same route today took only two minutes longer. And today I was shoving an extra 55 pounds around.
We saw many other runners along the route today. One running trait I possess is the wave. I love to wave at my fellow runners out there pounding the pavement. Especially the really serious ones. It sort of bums me out, though, when the wave isn't returned. I understand, sometimes it's missed, and too late to return. But other times, I know they saw my wave but just chose to ignore it. Come on, not even a nod?  I love the community of runners but I think there is definitely an elitism some runners possess. I mean, I know you are WAY faster than me, but just give me a little wave, nod, smile... whatever.

Side note, Sesame Street Live was awesome! I wish I had taken pictures. The look on Jack's face when he saw Big Bird, Ernie, Bert and ELMO was priceless. He actually sat through about 95% of the hour-and-a-half performance.

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand when people don't wave or smile or nod or something. People around here are usually so friendly! When I was running in DC, I'm pretty sure a guy scowled and spit on me for cracking a smile at him.

    ReplyDelete