Friday, March 18, 2011

Life is Good

5.7 miles / with jogger / hilly and windy / no music

It was an awesome 59 degrees today! Rockin! We ran the golf course loop, plus a little because we stopped at the park on Dorset Street on the way back through. It felt like a tough run, 1. I was pushing the 20 plus pound Chariot with the 27 pound Jack in it (if you can't do the math, that's at least 45 pounds) and 2. it was really windy, especially up on Dorset Street. He got a little fussy around mile three. At first I couldn't figure out why and then I realized he was getting splashed by the front tire. I put the wind guard down and all was fine.

I realized I need to run with the jogger more often if I want to feel as comfortable as I felt with it last summer. Today it felt really difficult. I wanted to walk up the hills, but I pushed through and ran them all. This makes me happy. I haven't run longer than eight miles yet but I'm feeling pretty good about my half marathon coming up.

Our rocking neighbors, Ashley, Chris and Ella came over for dinner tonight. I am feeling so blessed for having all these amazing, supporting people in our lives. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment