Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cranky Mommy

5.6 miles in the beautiful sunshine

I woke up this morning feeling fine, but by 10 am was a monster. We came home yesterday and immediately picked up Jack from my mom's. I missed him so much! We saw so many kids in the city, it made me wish we had brought him with us.

I needed to go for a run so I got Jack dressed and myself ready to go. I was trying to put his jacket on so I could put him in the jogger and he just threw a tantrum. It wasn't really like a traditional tantrum, he was just crying and crying for no apparent reason. I feel awful, I became extremely frustrated. He was obviously tired (I knew he'd nap on the run) so I went upstairs to put him in his crib. He cried even harder and I became more frustrated. I don't know why. I hadn't ran since Sunday (or done any sort of workout other than walking) and I know this affects me. Adam could sense my frustration so he came up, took over and told me "go do what you need to do."

So I ran. And it felt great. Looped up through the golf course. Hilly and breezy. Blasted the tunes. The sun was shining, it was perfect. I came home feeling completely refreshed. Ah all better.

We went down to Church Street to watch the SD Ireland truck parade. I love how involved in the community this company is. And they are nice to boot!
He looks like such a big boy!

We enjoyed a nice lunch at Vermont Pub (Jack's favorite restaurant) to celebrate the holiday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment