Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Goldfish

I was channeling Melissa last night. Adam said it was "my turn" to make dinner and I came up with grilled cheese and tomato soup. I used 3/4 of a block of Cabot Racer's Edge sharp cheddar for two sandwiches.

I always dip my sandwich in my soup and get bummed when I run out of sandwich. Adam brought a bag of parmesan goldfish to the table. Why? Put the goldfish in the soup! Delicious! I don't know why I haven't thought of this before. I can't wait to try different goldfish and soup combos. Maybe pizza goldfish and clam chowder?

2 comments:

  1. I have not heard of this cabot racers edge cheddar but am a HUGE fan of their hunter sharp cheddar. is it sharper than that? I love my cheddar EXTRA sharp!!!!

    Ps. you now have made me want a grilled cheese adn tomato soup now. Thanks a lot. BTW, cambells tomato bisque is my fave and mix with 1 can of milk instead of 1 can of water. SUPER amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post- goldfish in soup? Great idea! And I love that you used 3/4 a block of cheddar in your sandwiches. Sounds like something I'd do! :)
    To answer Melpeabody's question: Our Extra Sharp cheddar is the way to go if she loves it super sharp. Extra Sharp is sharper than Racer's Edge, but both are consistent from batch to batch. The difference between those two and our Hunter's Seriously Sharp is the the SS is a "wild" card and varies from batch to batch, but is a nice strong cheddar :)

    Enjoy!
    ~Jacquelyn

    ReplyDelete