Sunday, March 27, 2011

Church

I went to church today, otherwise known as my long run. I prayed. Prayed that I would make it through. Ten grueling miles. I almost stopped at my mom's house along the way to ask her for a ride home.

It was windy and hilly, I drank three beers last night and slept less than six hours. Not a good recipe for a long run. I also ran out of Gu, so I brought a Balance bar to eat along the way. It was so windy and cold that the bar froze in my pocket and was almost impossible to take a bit out of. The bites I did manage to get were a struggle to chew and swallow in my dry mouth. I will never again run out of my supply of Gu.

My improper fueling led to some stomach issues during and after the run, I won't go into details. You runners know what I'm talking about.

I hope you all had a great weekend. I did! I got some quality snuggle time with my super stacker.
This kid loves to stack!



No comments:

Post a Comment