Saturday, March 19, 2011

Feeling Fast

4 miles / mostly flat / rocked out to Britney Spears

Great run today. I ran the four miles in 38 minutes, and let me tell you, that is fast for me. I didn't feel completely wiped at the end either. It's amazing what hard work will do. For all the years running pre-Jack, I just plodded along, never adding speedwork. I have always been good about cross training, but my speed never really increased. I had run several 5Ks and 10Ks, and two half marathons and two 8 milers but never saw much improvement. The past six months I have been adding quality workouts to my routine and I am starting to see the benefits. It's very encouraging.

Just think how fast I could have been without the bottle of wine and half a pizza consumed last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment