Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Out of Order

35 minutes on elliptical
5K on treadmill

I arrived at the gym right at the height of the rush-hour with the after-work crowd. I dropped Jack off and sprinted to the treadmill sign up sheet. They were all being used, except for two but one had already been signed up for. The next available time wasn't until 6:00. I don't understand people. Why sign up for a treadmill if you're not going to use it? There are many of use who would put it to good use and log some miles. But wait... #9 is open. The pink treadmill. I look on the sign up sheet and it isn't signed up for so I write my initials into three 15 minute slots (45 minute time limit) and then write "Dan" into two slots. I'm so tricky. I go over and hop on pink treadmill #9, and what do I see?!? OUT OF ORDER. DO NOT USE. Oh man, this blows. I stared at that sign up sheet for a good five minutes trying to find a loophole, but to no avail had to sign up for a 6:00 slot on #7. I head upstairs to use the elliptical. I come back down at 6:00, and what do I see? Someone using my #7 treadmill. She teaches yoga here, too, so she's an employee and should know the sign up policy. #1 is not in use, but somebody had signed up for it, but I decided to erase their name and write mine in. It ended up being a good choice because I got to run next to a guy in cargo shorts who fist pumped the whole time and cheered for himself when he was finished.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was the only one that signs up for 45 min and then uses another name or something for another 30. We are soooo sneaky!

    Ultimate Confession Session: Sometimes if a good song comes on, just when I need it (think Eminem Lose yourself) I secretly lip the words and fist pump down low. I always thought I was being sneaky and no one would notice. I am starting to think that someone might have noticed! DON"T JUDGE THE FIST PUMPERS!!!!! hahahahah

    ReplyDelete