Saturday, March 26, 2011

Placed!

I actually wasn't nervous going into the 5K this morning. I did have a 31:14 5K PR that needed to be broken (I told you 5K's are not my strong point!).  I really wanted to come in under 30 minutes.

I was so excited Ashley was running it, too. Races are always more fun with friends.

Pre-race
We headed out and hit mile one at 9:08, then the half way point at 15:10. There weren't any more mile markers, but since it was out and back it was easy to judge the distance. I really wanted to slow down during the last half mile, but I kept telling myself "you can do this."

Coming in for the kill

This was the first time I actually felt like I "raced" a 5K, instead of "running" it. A few months ago my aunt and I were talking about the 5K, and she was saying how it is a 3.1 mile sprint. I had never thought of it that way. I don't have time to pace myself like I would in a half, I need to go out fast and hold onto it.

I came into the chute and I couldn't read the clock. My watch said 27:40, but I later found out my time was 27:24. Yea! Ashley did awesome, too, just a few seconds behind me.

Post race- 27!

I placed second in my age group! I mean, the field wasn't huge, but I don't care. I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment