Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ten Mile Success


I had a long run on the books this weekend- it called for eight miles, but I ended up doing ten (just because I'm awesome, haha). A quarter mile warm-up and quarter mile cool-down, plus 9.5 with Melissa! It was my lucky week because I got to run with her twice. I wanted to run longer than the run on my schedule (I'm on week 5), because, well I'm not really following the schedule. And I need to work on my endurance. My 5K times predict a much faster half marathon than I can produce, and I'd really like to break 2:15 at the Leef Peepers half marathon on October 2.

The miles with Melissa flew by.

We even closed the run with a little over a mile of hill repeats.

I wore my fuel belt and ate a package of Clif Shot Bloks and a couple of Melissa's Stingers (I think that's what they're called). This is definitely a successful run in my books! After this confidence building run, I'm feeling pretty good.



1 comment:

  1. I just tried the Honey Stingers lately, those are like candy! More so to me than the shot bloks! Great job on a long run!

    ReplyDelete