Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Patent Pending

Please excuse this lovely picture. After several attempts at a self portrait, this was the best one. I'm not sure what's going on with my legs, I was attempting to make it look like my thighs don't touch.

It's Wednesday and tomorrow is Thursday, which means it is my last day at the store. I'm ready. As much as I love this store, there's only so much I can do as a manager, and not the owner. Some day my mom and I will have our own store and we can do what we want.

.....

I like surprises. Yesterday afternoon my mom called and said that if Adam and I wanted to have a date night, she would watch Jack. I texted Adam, not expecting a response {because he never replies to my texts}, but this time I promptly received a "sure." 

I rushed home after work and Adam was just starting to feed J dinner, which left me with about 25 minutes {J takes a while eating}. All day my nose has been runny, allergy medicine wasn't helping, so I knew I had one solution if I wanted to ENJOY our evening out. I quickly {for me} ran two miles, and runny, stuffy nose disappeared. Getting a sweat on and getting the blood flowing is now my sure-fire way to beat my allergies.

After rinsing the sweat off and changing, we were off. We went to American Flatbread and because we didn't have an almost-two-year-old with us, the hour long wait didn't bother us one bit. We tasted local beers, had their signature salad with goat cheese and the meat special flatbread {sausage, peppers, fennel and chard}. It was a pretty perfect evening.

Isn't he handsome?

No comments:

Post a Comment