Thursday, August 4, 2011

4x2

I just looked at the calendar. My next half marathon is on October 2- eight weeks away. I haven't run more than five miles at once since the Mad Half on July 18. It's time to get my butt in gear. I'm in the process of making my own training plan to follow. So many plans show the longest training run a week before the marathon (including Hal Higdon's intermediate half plan) and this just doesn't work for me. I'm working on making my own eight week schedule and I'm going to try my very best to do some speed work and hills, maybe even go the track (please hold me to this, GMR). I'm thinking I might even be able to take Jack to the track with me (I'm probably crazy). 

Yesterday morning and today, I did the same 4.1 mile loop. Yesterday pushing J and today solo. Four minutes faster without the beast. As much as I love love love summer, running in the cooler temps in the morning is awesome.

When running with me, J now likes to yell, "Go! Go! Go!" Although he's still not talking, he understands everything. He says car, crane and boat. He calls Adam, "Da," and me, "Dee."

"No, Jack, I'm Mommy."
"Dee."

I can't believe I have an almost-two-year-old. He's not a baby anymore!

2 comments:

  1. Let's rock the track once a week. You can bring J and he can play in the middle area or whatever. We will be close to keep an eye, but you wont have to push the stroller. It will be good!!!! Lets do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and you should totally sign up for race to the beach!!!!

    ReplyDelete