Monday, August 22, 2011

Race Mistakes

Even though I'm happy with my race results from the 10K this weekend, I made some crucial mistakes. Rookie mistakes- and I should know better.

1. I did a 4 mile tempo run at 10K pace on Thursday- two days before the race. I was so psyched to have my new Garmin that I went out and gave the run all I had. Not a good idea right before a race.

2. I went out the night before, not late, but I went out. Indulged in not-so-great quality pre-race fuel, beers, burger and fries. Those are post-race treats- I always eat pasta the night before a race or big run.

3. Not enough H2O. I know I did not hydrate well enough in the week, night and morning before the race.

4. No breakfast- for some reason, I couldn't stomach eating anything before the race. When the gun went off, all I had in my belly was a little water, coffee and a Jet Blackberry Gu.

...

I did an easy 4 mile run today, yesterday was a rest day. My legs felt a little heavy, but nothing hurt, which is good. The past couple of days I've been having some foot and ankle pain, but today was feeling much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment