Sunday, August 21, 2011

Round Church 10K Race Recap

Yesterday was the Round Church 10K- this race is only for women, and also features a 5K run and walk. It's a special race for me because the Round Church is where Adam and I got married! Maybe I'll post some pics of that tomorrow!


This is the only- and really bad quality, at that- photo I took (trying to showcase my new tech device).

I woke up Saturday morning feeling tired and groggy, made coffee but wasn't able to eat anything. I changed outfits a few times, but still ended up wearing a new running top by Isis (which proved to be a big mistake- it was too baggy, long and hot) and even changed out of my new running shoes and into my old right before heading out the door.

We arrived with plenty of time and used the restrooms, chatted with other runners.. did all the regular pre-race activities. My mom and I had decided to run together and we did. The miles passed quickly and seemingly easily- until the last mile. It was an out and back course, and the only time we stopped to walk was through the water station at the turnaround.

My mom and I stuck to the plan and kept pace- starting with a 10:09 mile, finishing with an 8:45 mile, and 8:15 2/10 mile sprint to the finish and finished with a time of 58:47. I'm happy with this time- especially since it's only my second 10K. I love the 6.2 mile distance and am looking forward to running more in the future. It takes a little more oomph that a 5K but not the stress of the half. I like the sounds of that!

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the run, how did you like your new tech device? How fun to do a run with your mom! My mom doesn't run, it would be so fun if she did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your 10k--how great that you got to run with your mom!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some short little shorts! What are they? Do you like them? I need more shorts for yoga. The lulu groove short is great, but expensive.

    ReplyDelete