Monday, August 8, 2011

Mind Over Matter



Happy Monday in the Stoner house.. We went downtown today intending on going to Penny Cluse for gingerbread pancakes, but J had other plans. He fell asleep on the way so we put him in the stroller to sleep longer once we got downtown. Penny Cluse's tables are a little too close together to navigate a stroller through so we had lunch outside at Leunig's and could let J-man nap tableside while we ate. It was yummy.. Salade Nicoise - the hard boiled egg was left out, but I managed.

Since J was sleeping we attempted to go to babygap, but he woke up. For some reason, he HATES that store, so it was a no-go. He needs some new fall clothes, since he'll be going to preschool in the fall!

Next up was Breakwaters, perfect spot on the water on a sunny summer day. Grilled cheese for J and Switchbacks for the grown-ups. We closed the outing with maple creemees.

Working backwards, I'll tell you about my morning: I did an eight mile run along the bikepath through the golf course. It was one of the toughest runs I've had in a long time. It was tough physically, but not mentally. In my mind, I wanted to run. I was ready. I sort of love longer runs because of the time they give me- to think, to dream, to sing along to Duffy (haven't fully embraced no iPod runs). Today, my mind wanted to run but my legs didn't. They felt heavy and tight, but I trudged along determined not to take any walk breaks. I'm looking forward to next week's long run and hope my legs feel better- let's just hope my mind cooperates.

2 comments:

  1. Nice 8-miler to start your morning! I hate when my legs feel tired too. Good job fighting through it. Hope they're better for your next run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did 8 miles yesterday too! Looking forward to our friday run. Especially since the cooler temps will be a welcomed change! Don't get overly excited, but I might do yoga next saturday with you. Can't this sat. - getting my hair done, but I had a blast at yoga on Saturday and really want to start incorporating yoga more into my routine!

    ReplyDelete