Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Round and Round

Sneeze, sneeze, sniffle.. that was my day. Damn allergies. They hit like a ton of bricks and just don't let up. The funny thing is, though, that running actually helps. The past few days I've woken up in the morning with an allergy attack and as soon as I start running they subside and I'm fine for the rest of the day. Today, though, I couldn't get a run in this morning so I took my Alavert and went on with my day.

I picked Jack up from my mom's after work and headed home. It was a day. I did not want to run, but I needed to run. On top of the allergies, I was stressed to the max. When I'm stressed, running is just about the only thing that can help. Jack will be attending a new daycare program in the fall at the school where I will be teaching (!). I was told he could attend 2 days/week, which fit our schedule perfectly. Well, today I was told they've had some snags in the program and it won't be opening until October (I'm in kindergarten so I'll be starting September). This leaves us all of September needing care for Jack on Thursdays and Fridays. Who am I going to find to babysit from 1-3:30, two days a week?!? Deep breath, I know it will all work out...

Okay, so back to running. I didn't want to run, but I did, and came back feeling 100% better: mentally and physically. Jack was an awesome running mate tonight. At one point he turned around and looked at me, and it was like he was surprised that I was there. He's at such a fun age right now, it's like everything is an adventure.

And do you know what I love? {please don't judge me for the next statement} I love passing other runners when I have the jogger. I know, I know. Whatever- I've never been very fast myself, so passing anyone gives me a little boost. I saw a woman running up ahead, and as we went along she kept getting closer and closer. She looked like she was in good shape, which made the passing even sweeter. I stepped on the gas and did it. Ahhh, I loved it. I'm so glad I decided to run.

.....

One more fair pic:

I'm not sure what it is about the merry-go-round, but I adore it. I couldn't wait to take Jack on it because I knew he would love it. After about the fifth time around, I started to get a little dizzy, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment