Friday, July 8, 2011

Getting Dizzy

I taught senior group fitness today- "Stride and Strong." These golden girls are tough cookies! I love that they are all in their seventies and eighties and are living active lifestyles. Most of them rarely miss a day at the gym. One of them said a plus of getting old is that you need less sleep- more time for the fun stuff!

I snuck some pics, they aren't very good but I'll share anyway:

I tried to find my inner spy and secretly take the pics but then one of the women asked what I was doing with my electronic device.

I am always perplexed when it comes to deciding the music to play. Once I played Frank Sinatra and it didn't go over too well. They said they like upbeat music. So, today I played some Kanye West, Taylor Swift and Billy Joel and it was a success.

After class, I stayed around to run a couple laps on the track (it's indoor) but I started to get dizzy.
I lost count after nine, but I do know I ran for about 20 minutes. I wanted to just get a quick run in to loosen up my legs since I have a HALF MARATHON on Sunday!

Tonight I'm carbo loading, like any elite runner would.


GMR and I going to pick up our race packets toboggan!

3 comments:

  1. I love the comment - more time for the fun stuff! I hope i have that attitude when I'm older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow! It's going to be "fun"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Who would have guessed they would like Kanye over Frank! I love the spy photos, and great job getting a PR on the half marathon!

    ReplyDelete