Monday, February 28, 2011

Walk of Shame

4 miles on treadmill

I did not feel like going to the gym today and didn't feel like running in the freezing rain, either. But tomorrow  work all day and won't have time to get a run in so it had to happen. The four miles were fine, not good, not bad, just neutral. Huh, maybe this whole equanimity thing makes sense. Anyway, I've started my training plan for the half marathon in May. It's from Runner's World. I've tried several different training plans and wanted to try a new one this time. I never follow them exactly but it serves as an outline. Lucky me, I have a super fast runner and smarty pants to consult any time I have a question.

The fact that the census survey taker was coming back one last time to talk with Adam this morning really got me out the door. Lucky us, we were one of 20,000 Americans selected for a census survey from the CDC. The man giving the survey has been showing up at our door every other day for the past few weeks and finally we stopped procrastinating and did it two weeks ago. I did the survey and long story short, he had to come back and administer it to Adam. That would be today.

There were so many meatheads at the gym this morning. It's so funny to watch them working out. It helps the time pass by watching them.

Jack had his 15 month well visit with the doctor this afternoon. Everything looks good, he's developing normally. Ahead with motor skills but behind with language. Typical for a boy she said. It's nice having things calm down health wise with him after the event of last year. The bummer today was he had to get his immunizations. Every time he needs to get them, I feel awful. I feel like I made the wrong decision by allowing him to get all these shots. I know some are necessary, but are they all? He gets all the recommended ones by his pediatrician. The office he goes to is a well known and well respected office and I completely trust them-  I even went there as a child. It just makes me nervous that he will have a reaction or long term damage. Every time he gets shots he's usually a little off after, a little clingy and a little cranky.

We decided to go to PetSmart to look at the nasty gerbils and rats to cheer him up. He loved them. Since we were in the area and hungry, went to Three Tomatoes to get some dinner. The hostess sat us in a booth in the back- away from other diners. Exactly where you'd want to seat a couple with a toddler. At first he was fine, and then nothing satisfied him. He wasn't screaming, but was definitely vocal. He had milk, it calmed him down for a minute. I pulled out my iPhone. I had an emergency episode of Caillou on it. To say that he is obsessed with Caillou is an understatement. He adores that little bald four-year-old. OMG it's gone! The episode is gone. It was there yesterday. I updated my phone last night on my computer and whenever I try to do that, something goes wrong. There is always some sort of error. I search my phone "Caillou" but the only thing that comes up is an old text message from my friend Cate asking why Caillou is bald. Ugh. This isn't going well. We ask for our pizza to go and I down my beer. We walk out of the restaurant with our heads hung. I think  heard clapping after we left.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you feel bad about giving your child necessary immunizations, but not about taking him to see the "nasty gerbils and rats." Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't touch the rodents, just look at them through the glass.

    ReplyDelete