Sunday, February 27, 2011

Damn Uggs

Recently my feet have been pretty sore.  I experienced plantar fasciitis a couple years ago and  can feel it coming back. I couldn't understand why, though, because I have been doing everything to prevent it. Strengthening and stretching my feet, rolling my feet on a golf ball, gradually increasing mileage, etc. Nothing was helping. Today a light bulb went off- my Uggs. Probably one of the most least supportive shoes out there, right behind the flip-flop. Flip-flops were the culprit of plantar fasciitis 2008. All winter I've been wearing my Uggs out of convenience and it needs to stop today.

2 comments:

  1. EEK. that sucks! You should seriously look into the vibrams. They are supposed to really help with people that have PF. They totally helped my knee and hip issues that i had all last summer. If you ever want to discus barefoot running let me know. I LOVE IT! and they would totally strengthen your toes/feet up so much that you should never experience any issues....just saying :) Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to try them. I also think I'm going to splurge and buy a Garmin. Which one do you have?

    ReplyDelete