Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Long 5

I made a little fueling mistake yesterday. I got home from work at 2:30 so there was plenty of daylight left to get in a run before I had to teach yoga at 6:00. I had eaten a bowl of oatmeal and a banana in the morning, so I needed a little something to fuel my run. In comes Klinger's roasted garlic and parmesan bread (left over from our super yummy steak salad dinner the night before- steak, mesclun greens, sunflower seeds, oranges, dried cranberries and grilled fennel). This would have been the perfect time to pop a Gu, but without any in the house, I ate two slices of said bread. Although the bread is delicious, it's not so great when you're burping it up along a five mile run.

I pushed Jack in the jogger and we essentially did the same route as on Sunday- through the golf course- but I did shorten it a little bit. I couldn't bear any more hills.

By the way, have I mentioned that I am obsessed with our jogger? It's a Chariot Cougar. It's sold as just a chassis and by changing out the front it can be a jogger, bike trailer, stroller or cross country ski sled. This thing rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment