Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunday Funday

I have to say- this Sunday was pretty much near-perfect. The day started off with a Vinyasa style power yoga class. I love love love this Sunday morning class. The teacher is so creative and inspiring, the class is challenging and relaxing and love not knowing what is coming next. I don't want to copy her class, but I have to say I'm trying to model my class to hers.

The past few days with Jack have been beyond fun. It's as if he's grown up and matured just in the past week. I think being so sick last week took a lot out of him. He has just been up for anything. It's awesome!

In the afternoon, my friend Liz came over to do a "long run" with me and Jack in the jogger. I say "long run" because now that is 5-6 miles- not so long- but since I'm in the beginning weeks of my training plan for the half marathon in May, this is all I need now.

It was pretty cold yesterday, so it took a little convincing to get Liz to run outside with me. I finally bought an air pump and put air in the tires of the jogger. Needless to say, I'm so happy I did! The PSI was at 20 when it needed to be 65.

I bundled Jack up in long johns, sweats, snowsuit, boots, hat and mittens, snuggled him up in a blanket, too. The jogger has a wind shield so he stays pretty cozy. We set out through our neighborhood, up Dorset Street to Vermont National Golf Course, and through the housing developments and back to Dorset Street. The top of the hill at Dorset Street by Cairns was so icy! Thick, solid ice. We had to stop to a crawl, and both came close to falling several times. Once we got past that sections, the bike path was plowed well. Once in the neighborhood at the golf course, we had to run in the road because the green path's weren't plowed.

We ran a total of 5.6 miles. Kept a decent, steady pace. Nothing fast- I blame the jogger- ha. But, this was the most enjoyable run I have done in a long time. We chatted the whole time which made it go by so fast. Jack just hung out and enjoyed the scenery. He didn't complain once. Sometimes I get nervous about running with other people, because I get worried that I will be too slow for them, or that I won't be able to keep up. Yesterday's run was just relaxed and comfortable. I felt good, considering this is the longest run I've done since the Shelburne Half Marathon last fall.

We finished off the day with beers and burgers at Vermont Pub and Brewery. Does it get any better than that?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment