Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Brrr

I'm a day behind on my posts.. but you don't care, do you?

Yesterday beat me up! I started off the day by subbing two senior classes at the gym. Just because these folks are over 65 doesn't mean they aren't hardcore. Many of them in attendance work out for a couple hours a day, every day. The first class is a strength class, an hour of weights, lunges, squats and anything else to build strength and stamina. The first time I taught this class I went too easy on them, and they weren't afraid to tell me. Now, I go all out. The second class was a pilates class. I have never taught a formal pilates class, but have taken many. I wish I had worked the class a little bit harder though, because my jelly belly isn't one bit sore today.

Next I went for a 3.6 mile run in the arctic that is Vermont. It was beyond freezing with the wind, but I had a great run. Averaged about 10 minute miles. I'm feeling pretty good about that considered the bikepath had a pretty good snow covering. My feet are starting to feel tense, and I can feel plantar fasciitis acting up again. I think it's time for new sneakers.

The afternoon was spent at the Upper Deck Pub with Adam and Jack. Switchback and calamari are great recovery foods, right?

That night I had to head back to the gym to sub a yoga class. Normally I would have gone all out, but the class was made up of some first timers so I took it easy. And I was spent.

I fell asleep on the couch at 9:00 and slept there until 10:30 when Adam forced me to go to bed.

"But I'm just resting my eyes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment