Sunday, February 13, 2011

I went to yoga this morning and ran five miles on the treadmill. I find running on the treadmill to be an entirely different experience than running outside. More controlled, less spontaneous, mostly monotonous, but sometimes it has to be done. They weren't my best five miles, but they were desperately needed. I've spent the last four days at home with a baby with a 104.5 fever and I needed some relief. Thank God for grandmothers. Especially when they live in the same town. Just say the word, she can be over in three minutes.

I love Jack more than I ever could have imagined I could. But, there are difficult days and today was one of them. His fever had been subsided for over 12 hours and he was clearly feeling better and more like his energetic self. The problem was, he still wanted the perks of being sick. Getting each and every need and want in a instant, and he was starting to play me. Oh, the toddler years.

No comments:

Post a Comment