Friday, February 25, 2011

Rah Rah

For some reason, some strange alignment of the stars, I was having a rocking day. I woke up and just felt light. I felt as if I had nothing weighing on my shoulders (although I should, I had tons of work I could get done). With a looming storm I knew we would be hunkering down for the day.

Jack and I had coffee and breakfast, watched a little of the Today show and a little Caillou, too. We packed up and headed to the gym- I wanted to get a few miles in and still be home before the storm was at it's peak (it's pretty convenient living .5 miles from the gym).

I ran four miles on the treadmill, and for some reason, I didn't detest it. I read a couple blogs this morning and had been thinking about positivity. One was from Hungry Runner Girl and the other was my friend Melissa's. Ultimately, the theme was positive thinking. The power of positive thinking- and negative thinking. It's amazing how destructive negative thoughts can be physically, emotionally and spiritually. It got me thinking. Why do I feel the need to be negative? Negative about myself and others. It isn't productive in the least bit. Doesn't solve anything. Negativity breeds negativity- it snowballs. I am thinking now that positivity must breed positivity. I must be happy for myself and others. Don't get me wrong, I love my life and am proud of where I am today, but there are always those thoughts that I'm not good enough, I can't do that, that will never happen to me. If I change my thinking to, I can do this if I work for it, I will succeed if I push myself, what might happen?

I hopped on the treadmill in a complete state of bliss. I had a rocking playlist set to go but I ended up listening to Cee Lo's "F*** You" and Kanye West's "Good Life" on repeat. My legs felt strong and my feet were feeling good, too. Even though I was on the treadmill, it was one of those days, you know, where you feel like you could just run and run. And I couldn't stop smiling.

And I had this little nugget in my brain:


Side note, after I ran, I stretched, did some abs and planned on doing some weights. There is the guy, I don't really know him, but I he used to frequent the restaurant I waited tables and he thinks he knows me. I was on my positivity high, I know, but honestly sometimes when I'm working out, I really just want to do my own thing. I only had about 20 minutes to get some upper body work in before I was going to get Jack out of the playspace. I was in the ab room, trying to do my thing, and I saw him come in. I pretended like I didn't see him. Obviously didn't work because I could see him staring at me in the mirror. Moved the the other room (gym floor is essentially broken into three rooms- treadmills/ circuit machines, small ab room, and free weights) and he followed me there. Moved to room number three and he followed me there, too. Ugh. I was not in the mood to chat with creepasaurus rex. I finally left to get Jack and as I'm in the lobby who happened to be leaving too? Huh, funny. I have no problem when a man is being friendly, but just plain creepy... come on.

I brought Jack home and left him with Adam so I could run to the grocery store since Adam would be going to work soon. I love Healthy Living! Completely obsessed. I ran into Melissa, who helped get my positivity ball rolling and it just made my day. She is an awesome runner, and an awesome person. She has come a long way in her running because of hard work and determination. I realized I am so lucky to have these amazing friends in my life who are so supportive. It helps having those around you share similar goals and being able to be each others' cheerleaders isn't too bad, either.

1 comment:

  1. Yay you are on the positive train too. I am really trying hard not to talk negative to myself and to be positive and think that if I put the work in then I WILL be that good or I WILL achieve that goal. YAY. We are going to be rocking the races this year! We can alternate first place :)

    ReplyDelete