Thursday, October 6, 2011

Where Do I Start?

The Leaf Peeper Half Marathon swag bag is one of the best I've seen. It's sort of an anti-swag bag, including no actual bag, no endless paper coupons that I never use, and no teeny tiny samples I never use, either. The entry fee gets you a bib and number (duh!), long sleeve cotton t-shirt and jar of pasta sauce. I personally love the t-shirts given at Leaf Peeper's. If I'm going to get a cotton shirt, I'd rather it be long sleeve. I get more use out of them. Plus, I love the iconic Leaf Peeper logo. And then there's the pasta sauce. It's not just any sauce- it was Bove's vodka sauce.

source
My love affair with Bove's vodka sauce began over ten years ago. It was sort of an obsession- so much so that my best friend gave me several jars for my 16th birthday. The sauce is a little spicy, and I love that every jar tastes a little different which adds to the hometown flavor.

I dug into that jar tonight, and two bowls of linguine later... I'm satisfied.

Dear Mr. Bove,
This is a great batch.

Love,
Danielle

.....

Mr. J is still sick so I left work around noon so Adam could get to work and I could get home to J. He's on the mend but still not 100%. My mom came over so I could go for a quick run. It was my first run since the half on Sunday and it felt good. A little over five miles, and my legs felt strong. I love running in the fall- temps are perfect and I get to wear capris. I love running in capris.

After my linguine and vodka sauce binge and J went to bed, I weeded through the mail. I hadn't checked the mailbox in over a week (sorry postman!) and it was stuffed. The good stuff? Two issues of People, two issues of Glamour, one issue of Runner's World, and catalogs galore- Anthropologie, Title Nine, Athleta. Now the question is, where do I start?

1 comment:

  1. A jar of pasta sauce would be awesome swag! I would start with the catalogs :) I love looking at new fun clothes!

    ReplyDelete