Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thanks For Listening


Here is my poor sick baby. {That is my Pooh from when I was a baby} I have never seen him want to get in his crib and sleep as much as he wanted to tonight. What started as a fever on Monday, a couple nights of coughing and wheezing, and a doctor's visit today has turned out to be croup. Nothing too serious, but it's never fun to see your baby sick. I think he scared most of the staff and patients at the pediatricians today. He did not want to be weighed. Maybe he was embarrassed- 33 pounds. But check his ears and throat? Yeah, that's okay.

.....

Can you believe it's October? I say this at the beginning of every month- I can't believe it's ______! But each time I really mean it. Time just goes by so fast. September was a good month: started a new job that I love, trained for a half marathon- ran 111 miles in September- and managed to sneak in date nights with Adam even though we don't share mutual days off (thanks Mom!).

.....

And because I have some time, I'm going to share some rants and raves.

Rave: Mizuno Wave Elixer


After a couple failed running shoe attempts- Wave Inspire 7, Brooks Ravenna 2, Brooks Ghost (really bad choice- never take advice from a Dick's employee).. I finally landed on the Wave Elixer. I was fitted by an awesome associate at my local Fleet Feet (if you're in Burlington- check out Fleet Feet in Essex and I couldn't be happier. They are light and flexible, and remind me of my old Inspires that I loved.

Rave: Papa (and Mamet!)

My grandpa, Papa, looks like he found some relief for his aching back. He's been suffering from some serious arthritic back pain for quite a while now and it was difficult to see him in so much pain. He's a super active 81-year-old and isn't ready to slow down anytime soon. After getting "we can't do anything for you" one too many times, it looks like his doctor today was able to help. Let's all say a little prayer, okay?

Rant: You're a runner?

A woman today (who may or may not have been a coworker) made this comment when she found out I ran. "You're a runner?!?" It didn't come in the way that says, "Oh, wow, I didn't know you ran." It came across as, "I'm surprised you run, because you don't look like you do." I'm not sure which one she meant, but knowing this woman she probably meant the first one. Surprisingly, I didn't let it bother me. I wanted to make some quick comment back, but anyone who knows me, knows that I am not quick with comebacks. I do know she "runs" and I'm pretty sure I can run faster.

Okay.. rant done. Thanks for listening :)

Rave: Lululemon

I'm obsessed! I blame Liz, then Melissa hopped on board and I just had to see what all the fuss is about. Yes, the fuss is for good reason. All of my other workout, yoga and running clothes suddenly seem inferior to my Lulu gear. Note to Adam: Lulu makes excellent engagement anniversary, Christmas, Valentine's Day, birthday, Mother's Day and wedding anniversary gifts. Just saying.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally with you on Lulu! I am obsessed and own boatloads of stuff from there. It's not cheap though... I find all my money is spent on running clothes and when I have to go to real life events I have nothing to wear!

    ReplyDelete