Sunday, October 9, 2011

Like Riding a Bike

What did I do tonight? I pulled out my Dansko clogs and waitressed! I waitressed through college and for a few years after graduation while I subbed at schools and floated around, figuring out what I wanted to do. The restaurant I worked at became like my second family- the owners, coworkers and customers. I left two weeks before Jack was due and other than working once or twice after he was born, I haven't been back (other than for the occasional pizza fix).

When I left, it was a good time personally for me to leave. I was getting burnt out- from the crazy hours and the crazy customers. I always said I would never go back, but then again, there's a lot of things I say that never happen (like the hundred push up challenge... someday, someday).

When I walked into the restaurant tonight, it was like I had never left. I honestly felt like I was coming home. It was as if I had never left. I liked it.

2 comments:

  1. That's cool. Glad it felt so familiar. I've been asked to play in a soccer league. I, hoping I have that old familiar feeling as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Bueno's!!! We just get take out there and haven't sat down to eat YET! But maybe now with you waitressing there, we'll come in!

    ReplyDelete