Thursday, February 14, 2013

Rest Days

On Monday after Sunday's long run (it's all relative) I woke up extremely sore. Not just my legs, but arms, core... Everything. Even my feet. So at lunch on Monday I hopped on the treadmill at work hoping that an easy shake-out run would help. I made it two miles and couldn't go any further. So I gave myself two rest days and today did cross training on the elliptical. I'm feeling much better today so I'm hoping for a decent run outside tomorrow.

.....

In some exciting news, my mom and I were accepted into VCM's two person relay! 13.1 here we come! With a half and relay on tap before VCM, official training is on.

1 comment:

  1. I don't always want to take them, but rest days are so important, I am getting better about listening to my body and taking them.

    ReplyDelete