Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Do What You Love

On Saturday, my mom, Tom, Jack (in the jogger) and I ran a 5K fun run. It was a memorial run/walk/ride in honor of my mom's friend who died tragically in a the swim portion of a triathlon a couple of months ago. The race was untimed and we all ran together. It was a great event to honor someone who did so much for their community. I could see the positive impact he had on the lives in his town in the faces of the volunteers and participants. Steve's father spoke before the start of the race, and he said, "Steve died doing what he loved." It sounds simple, doesn't it? Do what you love.

.....

I love to run. And I love to run with Melissa! We ran five miles in under 50 minutes, and I was pushing J, so this is a super success in my book. I think I might have called her a bitch around mile 2. We talked about running, of course, and she asked what my goals are for the half this Sunday. I said I didn't have any goals (big lie). She pressed on, not letting me off with that answer. 2:15. I told her. That's my goal, and she promptly insisted I could do 2:10-2:13. It's so nice to have a friend who supports and pushes me. I think I was afraid to say my goal out loud, because what if I don't meet it? Four more sleeps and we'll find out!

1 comment: