Sunday, September 4, 2011

12 Miles in the Bag

When my alarm went off at 5:00 am yesterday, I did not want to get out of bed. But after pressing snooze only once, I got up, made coffee (getting the coffee pot all set the night before so I only have to turn it on is key), got dressed and I was good to go.

Melissa arrived at 5:30 and we were off. I honestly don't remember what I said to her over those first few miles, I was in such a sleepy haze.



Yup, look at mile 1. Clearly still asleep. We started off planning to do the same out and back as last week, just tacking on extra mileage, but after heading through a neighborhood and getting semi-lost, then realizing where we were, it turned into a loop. We ran along roads that neither of us had ever run on before, which always makes for a good run.

I am so glad to have gotten 12 miles in. The run felt good, but hard. My legs were tired and the wind was blowing pretty hard at some points. I also had an urgent porta potty stop (I know you fellow runners know what I'm talking about- I know, TMI) at mile eight.

When we were finishing up the last mile, Melissa said, "I bet we can do this one in 8." I told her okay- but if I don't say anything, it's not because I don't like her. It's because I love her. That last mile was tough but I couldn't be happier that we finished with such a speedy split.

Thank you to GMR for another great long run. You rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment