Sunday, September 11, 2011

Double Header

Melissa and I had a long run of 10 miles scheduled for Saturday morning. I was kind of bummed because I had to send my defective Garmin back to Amazon (but props to Amazon- they overnighted a new one before receiving my old one), but Melissa would be prepared so we could map out our route as we went. We ended up taking a new path as we headed towards the Burlington waterfront. It was really fun to do a new run. I've run downtown before- but never run downtown from my house.

We've really got the whole negative splits thing down. Now let's just see if I can do this on race day (or on next week's solo 14 mile run-eek!).

We were back from our run by 7:30- I love that. Sometimes long runs interfere with family time but it's nice to be done without anyone noticing that I was gone. After the run, I taught yoga at the gym. I'm teaching at a different location now and it's more of a "yoga" studio, which is nice. No bodypump equipment lingering around, and hopefully I can figure out how to work the heating system so I can make it nice and toasty in there.

I came back from yoga and my new Garmin was on my doorstep! Hmmm.. I was really tempted to do a short run to test it out. After J's nap, it was so beautiful out, so we headed to our favorite spot in Shelburne. We did an "easy" (hardest four miles of my life) run on the Ti Path, stopped at the park and had a picnic. It was such a nice afternoon, but I was beat!

.....

J and I have been getting into the routine at night of reading books in our (mine and Adam's) bed, then hanging for a little while before I bring him to his crib. Lately we've been both falling asleep and although it's so sweet, it's not a habit I want to get into. Especially since Jack now climbs onto our bed and says "nigh, nigh." But Adam took a pic the other night of the scene when he came home from work and I thought I'd share.

4 comments:

  1. Cute pic of you and Jack. My son was in our bed until he was 4 lol. Finally I told him the kids at school would make fun of him. It's ok. Gotta love that bonding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is great at going to bed in his own bed, my daughter on the other hand will wait up until I go to bed so she can crawl in with me. Yay on getting another Garmin so fast! Great job on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture! Great job on a double run day--that's tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! -kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete